Thursday 9 January 2014

Untitled

A lazy day today, well, no driving anyway. After a couple of days of driving we get a bit fed up with it so we stop for a few days and chill providing we can find a decent campsite. This one at Bolnuevo is pretty good for us, shops nearby and a couple of bars and restaurants and we get free wifi if we walk over to the reception area hence I have no excuse to not post the blog everyday. We also get a chance to do the washing! We'll, Phil does anyway. Unfortunately on days like these I don't have much to say as not much has happened! I did however lay an "outside" carpet. The ground here is pretty sandy and dusty so we are forever bringing dust into the motorhome which gets everywhere. The caravan shops round here sell a heavy duty netting fabric which is ideal for the job and keeps me occupied for a while hammering heavy duty nails into the ground.

The only other excitement today involved Harry the Hammock. I found a tree and a metal upright the right distance apart so strung him up much to the amusement of the local residents. In I got, stretched out and thirty seconds later the rope slipped down the pole depositing me on the floor with a bit of a bang. Ouch! No serious injuries other than my pride and nobody laughed out loud which was a bonus.

So, that's us at the moment. Enjoying warm sunshine and not doing very much at all.

 

1 comment:

  1. Came crashing down to Earth eh pal? I love the lush green pitch

    ReplyDelete