Monday 6 January 2014

Still in Cambrils

We decided to stay and have a chill out day today in Cambrils. It didn't quite work out like that as the campsite here has a motorhome wash facility so we've washed the van and cleaned the inside, she's gleaming! All this took time and we've had a late lunch and the sun is going down again and it's getting a bit chilly although probably nothing like as cold as it is back in the UK eh?

I'm typing this lying in a hammock. My daughter Claire bought it for me a few years ago and I've never used it before but there are a couple of ideally positioned trees next to our pitch and so Harry the Hammock is getting his first outing and very comfortable he is too. You'll notice he's pretty close to the ground but I'm sure as I gain more confidence I'll be swinging high. In fact, I've just had to raise it up a bit 'cos a certain part of my anatomy was grazing the ground.

The other job we did today was tidy up the garage (that's the boot to you non-motorhomers) when we first bought the van we put our few belongings inside and they used to roll about as we drove along. Now we struggle to fit everything in! We emptied it and replaced everything and there's nothing we don't need, or might need. Table, chairs, water containers, tool kit, wheel ramps, hoses, cables, spare boots and shoes, fold-up barbecue, windscreen cover, awning screen and, of course, a hammock.

So, tomorrow we'll continue our journey and we're heading to a campsite on the other side of Valencia. It's right on the beach so we're hoping the weather stays kind for us and we can maybe dip our toes in the sea.

 

3 comments:

  1. ps It's ok having to type in a load of numbers "to prove I'm not a robot" but anyone over forty has to have at least 3 goes - and that's with my glasses on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just under a week and we will be hot on your heels. Sadly the weather is looking no better for us and at the moment there is the possibility of snow. Thanks for the gen about water

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very happy Harry has had a person swinging in him! I look forward to seeing him get higher and higher off the ground! Now stop cleaning! X

    ReplyDelete