Saturday 14 June 2014

Ingerland, Ingerland, Ingerland!!!!!!

Saturday 14th June.

We are still parked at the Blue Dolphin campsite near Kiato. We thought we deserved a break from travelling and it's a friendly place we are at. It also has the benefit of decent free WiFi so hopefully I can watch the England vs Italy match tonight although I suspect that Itv Player will be buffered within an inch of its life. I watched some of the Greece vs Columbia game in the bar tonight hoping they would keep it open till 1am just for me but no chance. There are no Italians on the site here for me to wind up pre-match unfortunately. There are plenty of Dutch who I managed to irritate for 45 minutes last night but obviously ended up with egg on my face at full time. Today they've just been smirking at me.

So, a late night last night and a teeny hangover this morning so I decided to wash the van this morning (Paul are you noting this?). I chose the hottest day we've had so far and after three hours I could be compared to a wet lettuce. But, I have the smartest van on the site now so I'm pretty pleased.

Considering we probably won't get to bed until 3am tomorrow (1am kick off here!) I doubt we'll move tomorrow so we'll spend another day here and then move off on Monday to have a look at the Corinthian Canal. Then we have some free camping spots lined up for a few days as we travel south toward the Pelepponese.

No interesting photos today as we haven't been anywhere, just a Greek sunset for you.

 

One question for one of our followers - Bernd, how's the ankle? Are you match fit yet or watching from the stands?

Pat.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Phil and Pat,
    thanks for the question, it´s repaired but still using crutches, not really match fit.
    Nevertheless, tonight i´m voting for the English cause the Germans were beaten last time by the Italians and you know....the enemy of my enemy is my friend, haha.
    Enjoy Channel of Corinth it´s as well great from the western edge.
    And Ancient Corinth is nice plus Acro Corinth and castle, fantastic.
    Do you have the chance to look a greek soccer play in a greek taverna...it´s hell, vote for the greeks and you get all drinks for free and the best place.
    Have fun
    Bernd and Anni

    ReplyDelete